Constance • St. Gallen • Liechenstein • Bavaria • Fussen • Oberammergau Passion Play • Munich
7 days- Our prices include airfare from your hometown and exclusively 3, 4, or 5 star hotels everywhere
Scroll down to view the itinerary; click on the trip date to book your trip online.
Trips in 2020 - $4,299.00
- A Catholic priest will be with the group to celebrate daily Mass.
- Round-trip airfare from your hometown connecting in a major city to fly overseas is included. If your city has a direct flight to your destination, we will guarantee a direct flight as long as it is available.
- Airport Taxes, Security Fees, and Fuel Surcharges!
- 3, 4, or 5 star hotels in downtown areas.
- All breakfasts and all dinners. Wine is included with all dinners.
- Transportation with luxury bus.
- All entrance fees to all the sites.
- All tips to everyone involved in the tour.
- The tour fees for our guides. Our tour guides are well educated, caring, and professional. Most of them have their PhD's in Church history, archeology, philosophy, languages, or Theology.
- Luggage handling. Please pack light, one piece of luggage and one carry-on.
- Dress casually throughout the whole trip. Shoulders and knees should be covered when visiting Basilicas or churches.
- If you are traveling alone and you allow us to find you a roommate, you don't pay the $1200 single supplement. If you wish to have your own room and you are not open to rooming with another passenger, then the single supplement fee is $900.00.
- A wheelchair can be provided for those passengers who cannot walk, with prior notice at registration for $150. A traveling companion has to push the wheelchair throughout the trip.
- At the time of registration, as a part of the total balance, a non-refundable $500 ($500 hotel and airfare deposit) is due in the form of a credit card. For example, if your trip costs $3,700, when you sign up, you pay a $500 deposit, then your balance would be $3,200 and is due 7 months before departure date. If you sign up after the final payment due date or at the last minute, you pay the entire cost of the trip at registration.
Trip Does Not Include
- Insurance ~ The total trip cost is non-refundable, we recommend trip insurance to protect your investment.
Day 1: Fly to Friedrichshafen, Germany
Day 2: Upon arrival in Germany we travel to the Constance area, situated on the shore of Germany's largest lake, the Lake of Constance. This picturesque lake includes countless parks, gardens and is the natural habitat of rare animals and plants. We drive across a dam that connects the mainland directly into paradise - and on to the Peninsula of Reichenau. The monastic island is an outstanding testament to the religious and cultural role of a great Benedictine monastery in the Middle Ages. The Benedictine Abbey had been a spiritual and cultural center of the Holy Roman Empire over 3 centuries. We visit St. George Church with its outstanding meticulously restored Romanesque wall paintings. We also celebrate the Holy Mass. Dinner and overnight in the Constance area.
Day 3: This morning, we visit nearby St. Gallen in Switzerland. The Abbey of Saint Gall is a religious complex within the city. The Carolingian-era Abbey has existed since 719 and became an independent principality during the 13th century, and was for many centuries one of the chief Benedictine abbeys in Europe. We tour the library, one of the richest medieval libraries in the world, the abbey church and celebrate the Holy Mass. Lunch on our own in the Alp principality of Liechtenstein. Then on to Bavaria for dinner and overnight in the Füssen area.
Day 4: Today, we tour the elaborate Neuwschwanstein Castle, one of Mad King Ludwig's fantasy castles and surely the crown jewel of Bavaria Castles. Then on to visit the Wieskirche (Church in the Meadows) where rococo art reached a unique perfection. This masterpiece, created by the brothers Dominikus and Johann Baptist Zimmermann of Wessobrunn, was given international recognition as a cultural site on the World Heritage List. We celebrate the Holy Mass. We return to our hotel for dinner and overnight in the Füssen area.
Day 5: This morning, we celebrate the Holy Mass at Ettal Abbey. We continue on to Oberammergau area for our check-in to the hotel. In the afternoon, we take part in the extravagant Oberammergau Passion Play, performed only once every ten years and a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Beginning in the afternoon and involving almost all residents of the village, the play has a running time of approximately five hours with a three-hour intermission. Explore this quaint Bavarian village on your own. Most of the buildings have beautifully detailed murals on them, mostly of Biblically significant tableaux. Dinner and overnight in Oberammergau.
Day 6: Following breakfast, we board our coach and drive to Munich, the capital of Bavaria. Our tour guide will lead us to the major and most beautiful sights of Munich, such as King's Square with its three temple buildings in the classical Greek style, the Pinakotheken Art Museums, the Hall of Generals, the Angel of Peace monument, Maximilianeum (Bavarian state parliament), the Royal Palace, the traditional Viktualienmarkt, an open air food market with colorful outdoor stalls, Karl Square (called "Stachus") and the medieval city gates, Palace of Nymphenburg - former summer residence of the Bavarian kings, the Rathaus and its famous Glockenspiel. Time on our own to stroll the Marienplatz, with its numerous shops, visit the fresh produce and flower markets and the world-famous Hofbräuhaus Restaurant complete with authentic Bavaria food, music and entertainment. Farewell dinner and overnight in Munich.
Day 7: We are transferred to the airport for our flight home to the USA.