Krakow • Lagiewniki • Wadowice
11 Days - Our prices include airfare from your hometown and 4 or 5 star hotels everywhere
Scroll down to view the itinerary; click on the trip date to book your trip online.
There are no trip dates scheduled at this time.
- A Catholic priest will be with the group to celebrate Mass. Daily Mass is available.
- Round-trip airfare from your hometown connecting to a gateway city to fly overseas is included. If your city has a direct flight to your destination, we will guarantee a direct flight as long as it is available.
- Registration for the WYD event
- Airport Taxes, Security Fees, and Fuel Surcharges!
- 4 or 5 star hotels. (Since this event is of a great magnitude, we have to use super 4 star hotels with great reviews. Most of our 5 star hotels are sold out.)
- All breakfasts and all dinners, and some lunches included in WYD.
- Transportation with luxury bus.
- All entrance fees to all the sites.
- All tips to everyone involved in the tour.
- The tour fees for our guides. Our tour guides are well educated, caring, and professional. Most of them have their PhD's in Church history, archeology, philosophy, languages, or Theology.
- Luggage handling. Please pack light, one piece of luggage and one carry-on.
- 5 star service in 4-5 star hotels.
- If you are traveling alone and you allow us to find you a roommate, you don't have to pay the $900 single supplement. If you wish to have your own room and you are not open to the idea of rooming with another passenger, then $900 is what you pay for single supplement fee.
- Dress casually all throughout the trip. Shoulders and knees should be covered when visiting Basilicas or churches.
- Taxi and wheelchair is provided gratis for those passengers who cannot walk. But a traveling companion has to push the wheelchair throughout the trip.
- At the time of registration, as a part of the total balance, a non-refundable $1,500 ($500 deposit plus $1,000 airfare deposit) is due by credit card. For example, if your trip costs $3,600, when you sign up and you pay the $1,500 deposit, your balance would be $2,100 and is due 4 months before departure date. If you sign up after the final payment due date or at the last minute, you must pay the entire cost of the trip immediately.
- Some Lunches
- Insurance ~ The total trip cost is non-refundable, so we recommend trip insurance to protect your investment.
Trip Does Not Include
- $1500 deposit due at registration
- Balance due March 24, 2016
Day 1: You will depart from your hometown airport in the United States to Krakow, Poland.
Day 2: Upon arrival, you will be met at the airport by one of our local tour guides. First, we will go to the hotel we will be staying at for the entire week to get checked in. Then we will depart for a tour of Auschwitz where you will visit the impressive Holocaust memorial. (This is included in the trip itinerary but may not be visited based on group leader approval) This will be followed by a tour of Krakow with your guide. We will enjoy the local cuisine at an opening night dinner at a local restaurant before we return to our hotel for the night.
Day 3: After breakfast at the hotel, World Youth Day activities begin with the official welcome of pilgrims. This is followed by the opening ceremonies in the afternoon. In the evening we will enjoy dinner at another local restaurant before retiring to our hotel for the night.
Day 4: Each morning we will have breakfast available in the hotel. The WYD events begin with morning catechesis with participating Bishops, and the afternoon and evening events include shows, music, prayers, and reconciliation opportunities. The group will gather for dinner and spend the night at our hotel in Krakow.
Day 5: Today we will have breakfast as usual at the hotel, before we attend morning catechesis with participating Bishops. In the afternoon we will welcome Pope Francis and attend his address and prayer service. After dinner the same evening events of shows, music, prayer, and reconciliation opportunities will be available. Then we will return to the hotel for overnight in Krakow.
Day 6: The WYD schedule for today is morning catechesis with participating Bishops. The afternoon events include shows, music, prayer, and reconciliation opportunities. In the evening. After dinner we will participate in the Stations of the Cross before returning to the hotel for the night.
Day 7: This morning we will join the walking Pilgrimage to the vigil site. The afternoon events include shows, music, prayer, and reconciliation opportunities at the vigil site. We will have dinner at a local restaurant, and in the evening we will attend the Prayer Vigil with our Holy Father. We will spend the night in Krakow at our hotel after the vigil.
Day 8: Begin the morning with Mass with our Holy Father followed by a Pilgrimage Walk back to the hotel. We will have a free afternoon and evening that includes dinner and overnight in Krakow.
Day 9: The WYD is officially over, but we will spend the next two days doing some sightseeing before returning to the United States. After breakfast, we will depart for Lagiewniki which is the capital of the Divine Mercy where Christ Himself wished to pass on to our generation, through the mediation of St. Faustina. The Sanctuary houses grace-working images of Merciful Jesus and the relics of St. Faustina. Visit the Shrine of Divine Mercy, St. Faustina's convent chapel, and her tomb. See the displayed relic of St. John Paul II where his robe contains the blood stain from when he was shot in 1981. In the afternoon we will depart for Wadowice, the birthplace of Karol Wojtyla. The tour includes a visit the church he was to have attended and was baptized as a child. We will have dinner at a local restaurant and spend the night at our hotel in Krakow.
Day 10: Today, our last day in Poland, we will begin with a tour of Wawel Royal Castle. Then we descend into the underground chambers of the Wieliczka Salt Mines for an unparalleled tour of the medieval galleries and halls carved out of rocks and salt deposits. Our closing dinner will be at a local restaurant and we will return to our hotel in Krakow for a good night’s sleep.
Day 11: Today we will return home to the United States. We will need to get an early start so our private bus can take us to the airport in time for our departing flight.