San Giovanni Rotondo • Sorrento • Capri • Amalfi Coast • Rome • & more...
10 Days – Our prices include airfare from your hometown and 4 or 5 star hotels everywhere
Scroll down to view the itinerary; click on the trip date to book your trip online.
Trips in 2019 - $3,999.00
- A Catholic priest will be with the group to celebrate daily Mass.
- Round-trip airfare from your hometown connecting in a major city to fly overseas is included. If your city has a direct flight to your destination, we will guarantee a direct flight as long as it is available.
- Airport Taxes, Security Fees, and Fuel Surcharges!
- Exclusively 4 or 5 star hotels in downtown areas.
- All breakfasts and all dinners. Wine is included with all dinners.
- Transportation with luxury bus.
- All entrance fees to all the sites.
- All tips to everyone involved in the tour.
- The tour fees for our guides. Our tour guides are well educated, caring, and professional. Most of them have their PhD's in Church history, archeology, philosophy, languages, or Theology.
- Luggage handling. Please pack light, one piece of luggage and one carry-on.
- Dress casually throughout the whole trip. Shoulders and knees should be covered when visiting Basilicas or churches.
- If you are traveling alone and you allow us to find you a roommate, you don't pay the $900 single supplement. If you wish to have your own room and you are not open to rooming with another passenger, then the single supplement fee is $900.
- Wheelchair can be provided for those passengers who cannot walk, with prior notice at registration for $150. A traveling companion has to push the wheelchair throughout the trip.
- At the time of registration, as a part of the total balance, a non-refundable $500 (hotel and airfare deposit) is due in the form of a credit card. For example, if your trip costs $3,700, when you sign up, you pay a $500 deposit, then your balance would be $3,200 and is due 4 months before departure date. If you sign up after the final payment due date or at the last minute, you pay the entire cost of the trip at registration.
Trip Does Not Include
- Insurance ~ The total trip cost is non-refundable, we recommend trip insurance to protect your investment.
Day 1: You will depart from your hometown in the United States.
Day 2: Upon arrival, you will be met at the airport by one of our local tour guides. We will travel to San Giovanni Rotondo, a beautiful town in southern Italy. It was the home of Saint Pio of Pietrelcina. You will have time to relax before taken to the New Church of Padre Pio where you will celebrate mass. Dinner with red and white wine included. Overnight in San Giovanni Rotondo.
Day 3: After breakfast we will tour San Giovanni Rotondo. We will visit the old church, Santa Maria delle Grazie. The church contains the mural of the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci. We will visit the Friary of Padre Pio, where you will celebrate Mass, his tomb, cell, and confessional. After lunch we will visit the nearby Shrine of Monte Sant’Angelo, where St. Michael the Archangel appeared in 490, 492, and 1656. Dinner with red and white wine included. Overnight in San Giovanni Rotondo.
Day 4: Today we will visit St. Michael's cave, one of the holiest places in Italy, located on the eastern coast of Italy. It has been visited by countless popes and many saints including St. Francis of Assisi and Saint Padre Pio. We will then tour Manoppello, where we will celebrate Mass. Manoppello contains an image known as the "Holy Face of Manopello", the image of Jesus. Dinner with red and white wine included. Overnight in San Giovanni Rotondo.
Day 5: Start the day by visiting The Shrine of St. Philomena, the patron saint of infants, babies and youth, where we will celebrate Mass. You will then begin the beautiful drive to Sorrento where you will enjoy dinner with red and white wine included. Overnight in Sorrento.
Day 6:Today's destination is the Island of Capri. We will tour the island, celebrate Mass at a local parish, enjoy shopping, and even swimming! There will be the opportunity to visit the extraordinary Blue Grotto with its limestone bottom. The Blue Grotto, is a spectacular sea cave known for its bright blue water, due to reflected sunlight. The tour of the Blue Grotto is optional. We will return Sorrento in time for dinner with red and white wine included, at a restaurant in the area of the hotel. Overnight in Sorrento.
Day 7: We will check-out of our hotel and celebrate Mass at a parish in Sorrento. We will then drive along the delightful Amalfi Coast, stopping in Pompeii and then proceed on to Rome. In the afternoon we will be visiting St. Mary Major, the main Basilica dedicated to Mary in Rome. St. Mary Major is home to the remains of Jesus' manger, brought by St. Helen, the mother of Constantine, to the Eternal City of Rome; the tomb of Bernini (the Architect of St Peter's in the Vatican); the tomb of St. Jerome who translated the Bible from Greek to Latin as he lived next to the manger of Jesus in Bethlehem; and the oldest icon in the world of the Virgin Mary painted by St. Luke: the famous Salus Populi Romani. We will check-in at the hotel before going to dinner. Dinner and overnight in Rome.
Day 8: Today we will spend the day in Vatican City, the smallest country in the world. First, we will visit the Vatican Museums, including the Sistine Chapel (the Pope's private Chapel). After the museums we will enter the Basilica of St. Peter in the Vatican. Since we arrange all of our tours in advance you will not have to stand in long lines to gain entrance. St. Peter's is the largest Basilica in the world and the building itself is great piece of art by Bernini. Vatican rules dictate that your shoulders and knees must be covered out of respect while in St. Peter’s Basilica, so make sure your wardrobe today includes long pants, capris, or skirts below the knee, and no sleeveless shirts or tank tops. Again, we will have dinner with red and white wine included and stay overnight in Rome.
Day 9: We will have an early start as our private bus leaves around 7:00 am to the Vatican to experience the 10:00 am Audience with the Pope. We will see the Pope very closely; sometimes we even shake his hand! There will be time for lunch in the area of the Vatican, before we visit the Colosseum. Then off to the Spanish Steps. This is the place where the Romans hung out. From there we will walk to Trevi Fountain, and have time for shopping. Followed by a walk to the Pantheon, the oldest functional building in the world, and then to the great artistic place of Piazza Navona, where we will celebrate mass around 4:30 pm. Dinner with red and white wine included at Piazza Navona. Overnight in Rome.
Day 10: Today we will return home to the United States. We will need to get an early start so our private bus can take us to the airport in time for our departing flight.