Rome • Orvieto • Assisi • Lanciano • Loreto • San Giovanni Rotondo • Pietralcina • Montecassino
11 Days – Our prices include airfare from your hometown and 4 or 5 star hotels everywhere
Scroll down to view the itinerary; click on the trip date to book your trip online.
There are no trip dates scheduled at this time.
- A Catholic priest will be with the group to celebrate daily Mass.
- Round-trip airfare from your hometown connecting in a major city to fly overseas is included.
- Airport Taxes, Security Fees, and Fuel Surcharges!
- Exclusively 4 or 5 star hotels in downtown areas.
- All breakfasts and all dinners. Wine is included with all dinners.
- Transportation with luxury bus.
- All entrance fees to all the sites.
- All tips to everyone involved in the tour.
- The tour fees for our guides. Our tour guides are well educated, caring, and professional. Most of them have their PhD's in Church history, archeology, philosophy, languages, or Theology.
- Luggage handling. Please pack light, one piece of luggage and one carry-on.
- Dress casually throughout the whole trip. Shoulders and knees should be covered when visiting Basilicas or churches.
- If you are traveling alone and you allow us to find you a roommate, you don't pay the $900 single supplement. If you wish to have your own room and you are not open to rooming with another passenger, then the single supplement fee is $900.
- Wheelchair can be provided for those passengers who cannot walk, with prior notice at registration for $150. A traveling companion has to push the wheelchair throughout the trip.
- At the time of registration, as a part of the total balance, a non-refundable $500 (hotel and airfare deposit) is due in the form of a credit card. For example, if your trip costs $3,700, when you sign up, you pay a $500 deposit, then your balance would be $3,200 and is due 4 months before departure date. If you sign up after the final payment due date or at the last minute, you pay the entire cost of the trip at registration.
Trip Does Not Include
- Insurance ~ The total trip cost is non-refundable, we recommend trip insurance to protect your investment.
Monday September 16: Departure from USA.
Tuesday September 17: Arrival. Depending upon your arrival time, we may visit the Basilica of St. Paul outside the Wall where the body of St. Paul is buried. It is the 2nd largest basilica in Rome and the 5th in the world. Check in the hotel and rest for a few hours if time permits. In the afternoon, we will be visiting St. Mary Major, the main Basilica dedicated to Mary in Rome. We will see the remains of Jesus' manger, the tomb of Bernini, the remains of St. Matthew the Evangelist, the tomb of St. Jerome, and the oldest icon in the world of the Virgin Mary painted by St. Luke: the famous Salus Populi Romani. We may immerse ourselves in the local culture by attending an Italian mass at St. Mary Major as well. Casual dress. Dinner and overnight in Rome.
Wednesday September 18: We will have an early start as our private bus leaves around 7:00 am to the Vatican to experience the 10:00 am Audience with the Pope. We will see the Pope very closely; sometimes we even shake his hand. There will be time for lunch in the area of the Vatican, before we visit the Spanish Steps. This is the place where the Romans hung out. From there we will walk to Trevi Fountain, and have time for shopping. Followed by a walk to the Pantheon, the oldest functional building in the world, and then to the great artistic place of Piazza Navona around 4:30 pm. Dinner at Piazza Navona. Red and white wine included. Casual Dress throughout the day. Overnight in Rome.
Thursday September 19: Start around 9:00am. Visit the Colosseum, the symbol of the city of Rome; a great building that has been standing since 80 A.D. Then visit St. John Lateran, the first Basilica ever to be built in the Roman Empire. In the afternoon, go to the breathtaking Catacombs where 500,000 people were buried. After the Catacombs our private bus will take us to dinner and free time around the area of the hotel. Overnight in Rome.
Friday September 20: Start the day around 9:30 am, by visiting St. Peter's in the Vatican, the largest Basilica in the world. There will be time for private devotion and shopping before lunch. In the afternoon we will see the Vatican Museums, and the Sistine Chapel (the Pope's private Chapel). Long pants, capris, or skirts below the knee, shoulders covered. Time to rest before dinner in the area of the hotel. Red and white wine included. Overnight in Rome.
Saturday September 21: En route to Assisi stop in Orvieto. Our tour will include the cathedral and Eucharistic miracle. Then continue on to Assisi. Dinner and overnight in Assisi.
Sunday September 22: Spend a full day in Assisi taking in the tranquility of the mountain village. See the tombs of St. Francis and St. Clare; enjoy a peaceful walk on the streets of Assisi. Visit the upper and lower Basilicas of St. Francis, the Basilica of St. Clare, and the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli, at the foothills of Assisi’s. Dinner and overnight in Assisi.
Monday September 23: After breakfast, depart from Assisi. Our first stop is in Loreto where we will tour the sanctuary and Holy House. After lunch we will go on to Lanciano where we will visit St Francis’ church and the sanctuary of the Eucharistic Miracle. After dinner continue on to San Giovanni Rotondo. Dinner and overnight in San Giovanni Rotondo.
Tuesday September 24: This morning we will tour San Giovanni Rotondo with visits to the old church, Santa Maria delle Grazie, the Friary of Padre Pio, his tomb, cell, confessional, and we end the morning with the new church, the Padre Pio Pilgrimage Church. After lunch we will visit the nearby Shrine of Monte Sant’Angelo, where St. Michael the Archangel appeared in 490, 492, and 1656. Dinner and overnight in San Giovanni Rotondo.
Wednesday September 25: After breakfast depart San Giovanni Rotondo. As we head back towards Rome our first stop will be Pietrelcina. This is the birthplace of Padre Pio. After a tour and time for lunch, we will continue on to Monte Cassino where we will visit the Abbey and Monastery, the motherhouse of the Benedictines. Finally, we will continue on to Rome. Dinner and overnight in Rome.
Thursday September 26: Our private bus brings us to the airport in Rome to fly back to USA.