Sarria • Fereiros • Portomarin • Palas de Rei • Melide • Arzua • Arca do Pino • Santiago de Compostela
11 days - Our price includes flight from your hometown and exclusively 4 or 5 star hotels everywhere
Scroll down to view the itinerary; click on the trip date to book your trip online.
Trips in 2023 - $4,199.00
Trips in 2024 - $4,199.00
- A Catholic priest will be with the group to celebrate daily Mass.
- Round-trip airfare from your hometown connecting in a major city to fly overseas is included.
- Airport Taxes, Security Fees, and Fuel Surcharges!
- Exclusively 4 or 5 star hotels in downtown areas.
- All breakfasts and all dinners. Wine is included with all dinners.
- Transportation with luxury bus.
- All entrance fees to all the sites.
- All tips to everyone involved in the tour.
- The tour fees for our guides. Our tour guides are well educated, caring, and professional. Most of them have their PhD's in Church history, archeology, philosophy, languages, or Theology.
- Luggage handling. Please pack light, one piece of luggage and one carry-on.
- Dress casually throughout the whole trip. Shoulders and knees should be covered when visiting Basilicas or churches.
- If you are traveling alone and you allow us to find you a roommate, you don't pay the single supplement. If you wish to have your own room and you are not open to rooming with another passenger, then the single supplement fee is $900.
- Wheelchair can be provided for those passengers who cannot walk, with prior notice at registration for $150. A traveling companion has to push the wheelchair throughout the trip.
- NOTE: If you wish to deepen your knowledge of the Catholic Faith as a preparation for this pilgrimage, we recommend the following book as it is faithful to the teachings of the Magisterium of the Catholic Church (Imprimatur by ARCHBISHOP FELIPE AGUIRRE FRANCO): The Catholic Faith in Easy Terms. Introduction, Nihil Obstat, and Imprimatur by Archbishop Felipe Aguirre Franco.
- At the time of registration, as a part of the total balance, a non-refundable $500 deposit is due in the form of a credit card. For example, if your trip costs $3,700, when you sign up, you pay a $500 deposit, then your balance would be $3,200. Final balance is due 4 months before departure date.
- 1 month after registration, a $1,000 additional deposit is due only in the form of cash, personal check, cashiers check, or money order.
- If you sign up after the final payment due date or at the last minute, you pay the entire cost of the trip at registration only in the form of cash, personal check, cashiers check, or money order.
Trip Does Not Include
- Insurance ~ The total trip cost is non-refundable, we recommend trip insurance to protect your investment.
Day 1: Depart USA for your overnight flight to Santiago de Compostela, Spain. Dinner and breakfast will be served on board.
Day 2: Upon arrival in Santiago de Compostela you will be met by your tour guide and depart for Sarria; the last point at which a pilgrim can start the journey and still complete the 100 km needed to claim the compostela. Check into the hotel and have a free afternoon. Overnight in Lugo or Pantón or Monforte de Lemos or Parador.
Day 3: After breakfast depart for Fereiros. Today you will walk 9miles and pass through Barbadelo. Overnight Lugo or Pantón or Monforte de Lemos or Parador.
Day 4: After breakfast depart for Portomarin. Today you will walk 9.5 miles. Overnight in Lugo or Pantón or Monforte de Lemos or Parador.
Day 5: After breakfast depart for Palas de Rei. Today you will walk 11.4 miles and pass through Gonzar, Ventas de Naro, and Ligonde. Overnight in Lugo or Pantón or Monforte de Lemos or Parador.
Day 6: After breakfast depart for Melide. Today you will walk 10.4 miles and pass through Casanova and Leboreiro. Overnight in Santiago de Compostela.
Day 7: After breakfast depart for Arzua. Today you will walk 9.2 miles and pass through Ribadiso da Baixo. Overnight in Santiago de Compostela.
Day 8: After breakfast depart for Arca do Pino. Today you will walk 12.6 miles and pass through Santa Irene. Overnight in Santiago de Compostela.
Day 9: After breakfast depart for Santiago de Compostela. Today you will walk the final 11.2 miles and pass through Monte do Gozo. Upon arrival check into your hotel and the remainder of the day is at your leisure. Enjoy a stroll on own, though the beautiful streets of Santiago de Compostela, the city of the apostle, full of historical buildings and other attractions (before or after dinner). Overnight in Santiago de Compostela.
Day 10: Visit Cathedral of St. James is one of the finest examples of architecture in all of Europe. As pilgrims, we have the opportunity to climb the stairs behind the high altar to visit the crypt where the relics of St. James are preserved, touch the central pillar (Portico de La Gloria), view the 'botafumeiro' and admire the wealth of medieval art inside the Cathedral. Attend the noon mass at the Cathedral. Afternoon at leisure. Overnight in Santiago de Compostela.
Day 11: Depart for airport and your return flight home. Arrive U.S. same day.